Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lost in Translation

They say that you've really mastered a foreign language when you begin to understand humor in that language.

If that's true, then I haven't quite mastered my kids' language yet.

Breakfast this morning became a joke-telling fest for the two older kids. Here are samples:

***

Banana: Mommy, can I tell you a joke?

Me: Sure. Tell me a joke.

Banana: How do ducks fly?

Me: How?

Banana: They flap their wings! [Ha, ha, ha, ha!!]

Me: Was that your joke?

Banana: Yes! That's silly! That makes my tummy full from laughing!

***
Papaya: Mommy, I have a joke.

Me: Okay, what is it?

Papaya: While I'm eating breakfast, people are being buried underground! [Ha, ha, ha, ha!]

***
They're a barrel of laughs, those two!

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Made me laugh, especially the burial joke. That kid's got a future in stand-up for sure.