Thursday, October 18, 2007

Young sexist

Since I got pregnant, we've been teaching the Papaya a simplified version of the birds & the bees. As a part of this, we explained to him that the Banana & I both have wombs - places where babies can grow inside our bodies - but that he doesn't.

After some thought, he dealt with his womb envy by composing the following song and singing it to me (my brother-in-law the poet will be gratified to see he didn't feel the need to make it rhyme):

"I have a brain
And you have a womb
But when you look deeper
We both have a head!"

2 comments:

AppDaddy said...

What a boy!
Four years old and he is already writing Haiku!

Chris said...

I take it that it is a parody of the classic Veggi Tales song in 'Are you my neighbor?' J and I like to make up alternative lyrics too, though I must confess that sometimes. . . well. . .


they rhyme :-O