Thursday, April 05, 2007

Tax return = new computer

Last Saturday, after about six frustrating hours on the Dell website and about 698 hours of Papaya Daddy's research and contemplation over the last year or so, we finally completed our order for a new computer. It should arrive today. He is Very Excited and I am Pretty Excited.

So, dear readers, enjoy this last blog entry from our old computer. The next one, I'm sure, will look extra snazzy and shiny because it will emanate from a beautiful new computer with a bunch of fancy stuff like dual core technology (which I really don't understand and care much about even though it excites Papaya Daddy) and a 24 inch ultra-sharp flat screen monitor (Papaya Daddy's long term dream and something I'm excited about too). We won't be watching Netflix on our little old TV any more!

And now I need to sign off and finish backing up all our files onto CD's, disconnect this old computer, and carry it to the guest room before FedEx arrives. (So far I've backed up about 20 CD's of photos. I'm sure there is a better way to transfer information and maybe our new computer will provide it.)

So farewell from our old faithful computer. Next post, from the new one!

No comments: